Safe Banking for Seniors Campaign
Educational program to prevent elder financial fraud
The LBA has joined the American Bankers Association (ABA) Foundation’s Safe Banking for Seniors campaign. Through this campaign, the LBA will mobilize bankers across Louisiana to educate older Americans and their caregivers about elder financial abuse and how to prevent it.
Registered bankers will receive event materials, lesson plans, media outreach tools and best practices through the ABA Foundation. The lesson plans focus on the following four topics:
- Identifying and Avoiding Scams
- Protecting Your Assets by Preventing Identity Theft
- Choosing a Financial Caregiver
- Acting as a Responsible Financial Caregiver
- Banks can register to participate in the initiative at aba.com/seniors.
Safe Banking for Seniors Basics on Recorded Presentation
and Presentation Slides