First Time College Freshman
Please read the rules carefully. Changes have been made to the qualification criteria.
Scholarship Award Amount: $1,000
- One of the student’s parents must be employed by a LBA member bank located in Louisiana or the student must be employed by a LBA member bank located in Louisiana.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative high school grade point average OR a minimum ACT score of 20.
- Submit a 6 or 7 semester transcript.
- Submit a copy of ACT scores.
- Students must be enrolling in a Louisiana college or university as a first time, full-time student with a major in a banking-related field (Examples include—but are not limited to—management, technology, accounting, finance, marketing, mathematics, business administration, economics, education and psychology.)
- If selected, student will receive the award ($1,000) upon providing an acceptance letter from an accredited Louisiana college or university.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Application deadline is the last day of February.
ACT scores, transcripts and any other documentation can be sent to the following:
Education Chairman Blaine Hodges
Community Bank of Louisiana
118 Jefferson Street
Mansfield, LA 71052
Tel. (318) 872-3831
LBEC will photograph the scholarship presentation to award winners and post pictures to the LBA website and on social media. Please notify us if you would rather be excluded from this practice. Thank you.