Click here to visit the national JumpStart Coalition website.
The Louisiana Bankers Education Council has joined forces with Louisiana JumpStart which is a coalition of organizations dedicated to improving the financial capability of individuals by providing advocacy and access to financial education programs and resources.
One of Louisiana JumpStart ‘s programs is teaching financial literacy to educators throughout the state, in which LBEC participates. LBEC members are available as resources to educators and schools throughout the year on such financial topics as:
- Using credit wisely
- Finding the type of credit that works for you
- Understanding what qualifies you for credit
- Shopping for credit
- Applying for credit
- How your credit application is reviewed
- What if your credit application is turned down
- Building a good credit history
- What if you can't pay your bills?
- Know your credit rights
- How credit changes to meet your needs