Member Fee: $165
Non-Member Fee: $265
Speaker: Kimberly Boatwright, Compliance Resource LLC
Overdraft services will continue to be a target for regulatory scrutiny in 2023, and financial institutions who’ve been cited can attest to the damage unchecked fee income practices can have on an organization. This webinar provides an evaluative look into overdraft programs and the risks associated. When you join us June 8th, you’ll come away with actionable best practices to avoid common pitfalls, potential fines, and reputational risks.
Fee income practices related to overdraft programs have been making headlines for months, and in some cases, years. When overlooked or inadequately managed, overdraft programs can leave your institution open to huge risks. Both federal and state regulators are paying particular attention to this issue and if your institution has not looked closely into to its overdraft and insufficient funds practices, now is the time to.
- Understanding of the risks associated with overdraft programs
- Learn the most common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Gain actionable best practices for your institution’s overdraft program
- Understand UDAAP “traps” and which practices are most likely to be considered deceptive, unfair, or abusive
- Find out how to avoid being cited by your regulator and Civil Money Penalties
- Weigh the compliance and reputational risks associated with fee income against the revenue it may produce for your institution
- Explore regulator input from the CFPB, OCC, and FDIC
- Examine recent enforcement actions related to overdraft programs and discuss where other institutions have gone wrong