December 1, 2022
Member Fee (Live or Recording): $165 per connection
Non-Member Fee (Live or Recording): $265 per connection
Banks have been complying with the Mortgage Loan Originator rules since 2014 and examiners are still looking for compliance with the annual training requirements. How will you prove that the training has been provided and that it was effective? This compliance training webinar outlines the required steps in EACH portion of the mortgage “life cycle”.
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan; how to take and process an application. This will include the proper collection of monitoring information.
- What is a “completed” application? What is a pre-approval request? What is a pre-qualification?
- S.A.F.E. Act requirements
- What disclosures are required within 3 business date after receiving a completed application?
- Review of the “Ability to Repay” documentation requirements.
- Review of Reg B requirements for appraisal copies
- Flood Rules – NEW FAQs were released in May, 2022; an overview of the FAQs will be included that relate to notices, escrow requirements & exemptions, “detached structure” rules on residential property.
- Private Flood Insurance Policy requirements
- FCRA issues – risk-based pricing notice to Home Loan Applicant
- Review of HMDA data collection issues for loan applications in 2022.
- REVIEW – Covered applications subject to the TRID provisions, timing requirements and common problems.
- What rescission rules must be followed? When do they apply? What RESPA rules still apply?
- What are the appropriate notifications for denied loans? How should approved, not accepted and withdrawn loan applications be documented?
BONUS – Participants will receive a 10-question quiz and an answer key. Passing the quiz will provide documentation of the effectiveness of the training effort.
Mortgage loan originators, loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors and trainers.
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.