A series of (1) day workshop styled training seminars offering comprehensive training for credit analysts/lenders. Ideal training for preparing new credit analysts for their responsibilities in today’s difficult economy. Attendees start with the basics of financial statements and complete the training by acquiring advanced credit skills. Experienced credit analysts/lenders can sharpen existing skills and obtain advanced tools by attending a specific seminar. Commercial Financial Analysis provides attendees both technical & interpretive analysis skills required in commercial lending. Additionally, attendees gain an understanding of the requirements for underwriting commercial loans in today’s business environment. Registration is per day. It is not required that you attend all 3 days of the training.
Day 2: Tools of Financial Analysis
Day 3: Advanced Financial Analysis
June 25, 2024
Member Fee: $265
Non-Member Fee: $465
- The Financial Analysis Process: The Steps in Performing a Credit Analysis
- Sources of Information for Performing a Credit Analysis.
- Basic Structure of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Understanding the Key Accounting & Financial Terms found in Financial Statements
- Identifying the Key Factors Affecting Revenue, Costs and Income.
- Estimating Liquidity, Capacity and Leverage.
- Reconciling Net Worth. Identifying Contingent Liabilities.
- Recognizing the Differences between Cash Basis and Accrual Accounting
- Evaluating Compiled, Reviewed and Audited Financial Statements
- Determining Net Operating Income and Debt Service Coverage for a CRE Property.
Using a business owner’s personal financial information and their federal tax 1040 tax return with schedule C & E, we determine Global Cash Flow. We judge the ability of the business owner to service a proposed real estate loan.
New credit analysts/lenders that lack the confidence in reviewing financial statements and performing an analysis. Small business lenders inexperienced in reviewing financial statements & analyzing loan requests.
Jim Shreve's background includes 25 years in commercial lending/credit administration with Texas Commerce Bank, Houston, TX. At the time, the bank was the largest commercial lender in the state of Texas. Besides his lending/credit experience, he has over 10 years of extensive loan work-out experience during the tumultuous Texas economy of the 1980’s. He holds a Master’s in Finance and a B.S. in Accounting. Since establishing this training business in 2003, literally thousands of commercial banking credit analysts and lenders have attended his training seminars. His workshop styled approach to training is well known for providing a rewarding experience for all attendees regardless of their background, prior experience in lending or credit analysis.
Due to commitments we must make to secure a class, we need your help. If you must cancel your registration, please do so at least 3 business days prior to the seminar date to avoid a $125 cancellation fee per day per person. Any registrant who does not cancel will be billed the full registration fee and sent the manual. Substitutions are welcome at no additional charge.
Click here for hotel and area information.