Speaker: Debbie Crawford, gettechnical, Inc.
This recording is from a 1-day instructor led program held on August 19 via Zoom. Recordings are 5 MP4 links. electronic materials will be sent as well.
This seminar is designed for the frontline so that each new account representative understands how federal law impacts the opening of an account. Topics include:
- Bank Secrecy Act - CTR & SAR USA Patriot Act, CIP rules, Suspicious Activity Report, Risk Assessment, MSBs, Red Flags
- Availability of Funds (Reg. CC) Completing a hold notice and common errors, Substitute Checks, Remote Checks. A review of the proposed changes will also be included - new disclosure format, new teller hold notices and implementing Regulation CC changes for July 1, 2020
- Truth in Savings Act (Reg. DD) Overview and common errors, overdraft privilege
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg. E) Unauthorized transactions, receipts at electronic terminals, periodic statement requirements, common errors, and check conversions
- Reserve Requirements (Reg. D) NOW account eligibility and transaction limitations, CD penalties, public funds and Violations of Regulation D on Savings, Now and Time Deposits
- How to file CTRs with new rules on business accounts including dba and headquarters
- New nonresident alien interest reporting rules
- Changes in FDIC insurance rules
- New law suits on Overdraft Services—understanding good funds and available balance
- Disclosures on Signature Cards