Speaker: Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting & Training for Financial Institutions
This recording is from a 6 hour instructor led program held on September 10 via Zoom. Recordings are 7 MP4 links. Electronic materials will be sent as well.
This seminar will help you understand the Regulation E requirements, including:
- The basic disclosure requirements of Reg E and the definitions that guide the regulation.
- How to determine if a customer is liable for an unauthorized transaction and how to conduct investigations into alleged errors.
- What the initial EFT (electronic fund transfer) disclosures must include and requirements to change the terms of your agreement.
- Case studies of investigation claims will help you understand the four investigation time periods; providing provisional credit; the notice process for investigating claims and sample letters; suggestions to calculate liability for unauthorized transactions; and tips for separating valid claims from those that don’t require error resolution.
- Learn if your bank is paying claims that could be denied within the guidelines of Reg E while also making sure that legitimate error resolution is being handled properly. Learn how to use investigation results effectively.