College Freshman Scholarships
Please read the rules carefully. Changes have been made to the qualification criteria.
Scholarship Award Amount: $1,000
Application Deadline: Annually on the Last day of February
- One of the student’s parents must be employed by a Louisiana Bankers Association member bank located in Louisiana or the student must be employed by a Louisiana Bankers Association member bank located in Louisiana
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative high school grade point average OR a minimum ACT score of 20
- Submit 6 or 7 semester transcript
- Submit a copy of ACT scores
- Students must be enrolling in a Louisiana college or university as a full-time student with a major in a banking related field
- If selected, student will receive the award ($1,000) upon providing an acceptance letter from an accredited Louisiana College or University
Applications must be submitted online.
ACT scores, transcripts and any other documentation can be sent to the following:
Education Chairman Kendra L. Palmer
Branch Manager of Business First Bank
800 Spring St., Ste. 120
Shreveport, LA 71101-3759
Tel. (318) 676-3574
Fax: (318) 676-3583
LBEC will photograph the scholarship presentation to award winners and post pictures to the LBA website and on social media. Please notify us if you would rather be excluded from this practice. Thank you.