Due to COVID-19, this class has been rescheduled from March 18 to August 19.
Please note: We plan to hold this program as a live/in-person meeting. However, if circumstances arise, we are prepared to hold virtually or a hybrid (live and virtual option).
Please Note: Limited Seats Available.
Click here for Renaissance Hotel's Commitment to Clean
Member Fee: $265
Non-Member Fee: $465
Click here for brochure
Speaker: Debbie Crawford, gettechnical, Inc.
This seminar is designed for the frontline so that each new account representative understands how federal law impacts the opening of an account. Topics include:
- Bank Secrecy Act - CTR & SAR
USA Patriot Act, CIP rules, Suspicious Activity Report, Risk Assessment, MSBs, Red Flags
- Availability of Funds (Reg. CC)
Completing a hold notice and common errors, Substitute Checks, Remote Checks. A review of the proposed
changes will also be included
- new disclosure format, new teller hold notices and implementing Regulation CC
changes for July 1, 2020
- Truth in Savings Act (Reg. DD)
Overview and common errors, overdraft privilege
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Reg. E)
Unauthorized transactions, receipts at electronic terminals, periodic statement requirements, common errors, and
- Reserve Requirements (Reg. D)
NOW account eligibility and transaction limitations, CD penalties, public funds and Violations of Regulation D
on Savings, Now and Time Deposits
- How to file CTRs with new rules on business accounts including dba and headquarters
- New nonresident alien interest reporting rules
- Changes in FDIC insurance rules
- New law suits on Overdraft Services—understanding good funds and available balance
- Disclosures on Signature Cards
To ensure the LBA group rate of $139+tax per night, please call the Renaissance Hotel at 866-469-5448 and identify that you're booking with the Louisiana Bankers Association Deposit Seminars room block. To book your reservation online, click here . Room reservations must be made by August 1 at 5:00pm or until the block of rooms for LBA is filled, whichever is sooner.