Tracy Averett Morganti is a Partner in the Baton Rouge office of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P., concentrating on the areas of state and local government, higher education and health care financing, economic incentives and commercial lending.
Tracy serves as bond counsel and special counsel to government entities, higher education institutions and public trusts, as underwriter's counsel for investment banking firms, as purchaser's counsel for various commercial banks and as borrower's and trustee's counsel in connection with tax-exempt and taxable bond and conventional financings. She also represents government entities and private companies with respect to economic development incentives and lenders, letter of credit providers and borrowers with respect to commercial lending transactions.
Significant transactions include:
• Representing major state university in connection with its capital financings, including highly innovative public-private partnerships to finance student housing and sports facilities
• Serving as bond counsel to two Louisiana issuers in connection with $1 billion taxable and tax-exempt multi-state and international debt restructuring for major bulk liquid handling company
• Representing local nonprofit hospital in a $350 million transaction to finance its new, state-of-the-art facility
Tracy earned her J.D. from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center of Louisiana State University in 1992 and her Bachelor of Arts degree from Louisiana State University in 1988.
Professional associations include:
• Louisiana State Bar Association, Government and Public Law Section
• Baton Rouge Bar Association
• National Association of Bond Lawyers
• Louisiana Banker's Association
• Women in Public Finance – Louisiana Chapter, Secretary and Founding Member
• Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL), Alumni of Leadership Louisiana Class of 2009
• Louisiana Industrial Development Association (LIDEA)
Honors and Awards:
• AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated