Troy Villa has extensive experience in numerous areas of business transactions, financing and advisory services.
Tax Credit Financing and Economic Incentives
Troy represents clients in various capacities in tax credit financing and investment transactions involving New Markets Tax Credits and historic rehabilitation tax credits and with projects involving state and local economic incentives and Public-Private Partnerships (“P3”).
• Historic Tax Credits (“HTC”)
• New Markets Tax Credits (“NMTC”)
• Leverage and bridge loan financing associated with HTC and NMTC financing
• Industrial Tax Exemptions, Payments-in-Lieu-of-Tax (“PILOT”)
• Cooperative Endeavors involving P3 projects
Troy has represented clients for many years in traditional and non-traditional financing transactions, including:
• Asset-based lending
• Development and Construction Loans
• Mezzanine financing
• Private Equity Investments (Investors and Issuers)
• Venture Capital
Mergers & Acquisitions
He also represents business clients and entrepreneurs in a wide variety of business transactions involving the purchase and sale of businesses. He has extensive experience in the structuring and negotiation of terms related to these types of transactions, and the drafting of related contracts and agreements. He has advised clients with respect to both domestic and international transactions.
• Purchase and Sale of Privately-Held Businesses
• Leveraged-buyouts and restructuring