PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
MAIN DUTIES OF THE JOB (List of job responsibilities)
• Maintain appropriate internal controls and audit compliance;
• Maintain personnel records including scanning and archiving for permanent retention.
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations;
• Manages benefits to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, billing reconciliation, and communicating benefit information to Employees.
• Handles employee relations counseling, investigations and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Partners with HR leadership to recommend, research and implement new approaches, policies, procedures and tools that will build a highly efficient, service oriented HR department. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment;
• Administer benefit programs including group health, dental, life, LTD, vision, AFLAC, and cafeteria plans ensuring legal compliance and accurate payroll deductions;
• Annually reviews 1095s for accuracy;
• Coordination of annual open enrollment meetings for employees including scheduling of providers to hold informative seminars for employees;
• Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility;
• Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries;
• Develop appropriate employee communication for open enrollment processes, benefit changes / updates and general information.
• Updated HBNet monthly with various benefit information;
• Coordinate the selection, purchase and maintenance of employee uniforms. Act as liaison with uniform vendor—coordinate voucher ordering and website selections;
• Administers the Home Bank Helps & United Way program. Ensures paperwork is completed accurately and payroll has updated the information
• Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues;
• Manages FMLA tracking, worker comp claims and other related issues
• Primary contact for all health and welfare plan administration/guidance. Serve as the subject matter expert regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provisions.
• Assist in other HR related areas as needed or special project assignments
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management or related field preferred
• PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
• At least two years of relevant experience in Human Resources